Monday, March 29, 2010

Weigh-in

This morning I weighed in at 208.5! Progress. I always want it to go faster, but the scale is definitely tipping the right way!

Last week I did make it to my spinning and yoga class on Monday. Tuesday, Martin worked late so I didn't go to Zumba, but I did run stairs and jog at home. Wednesday, I ran a mile and did yoga. Thursday, I planned to go to Zumba, but again, Martin worked late so it didn't work out. Friday, I worked out on the eliptical for 30 min and then the treadmill for 30 min. Saturday, I went to Zumba! Not perfectly according to my plan, but I have been out and moving.

My eating is getting better. Not perfect yet. Work in progress...

I love my bodybugg. It's a pretty neat gadget. When you set it up, it lays out a plan for you based off of your body and current fitness and plans for you to reach your goal through setting up a daily "burn" or calorie deficit. It uses the basic mathematical principle of "calories in - calories burned = weight loss or gain". No gimmicks or fads. Just basic common sense. But the fact that you can see it all laid out on the computer screen makes it very real.

My program was based off of what I reported my activity level as: moderate to low. Or at least that's what I thought! I was recommended to try a 1600 calorie diet and then burn 2600 calories per day. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to eat under 2000 calories a single day. But the good thing is that I easily exceed 2600 on days that I am active. So I adjusted the plan so that I now eat 2000 calories a day and my goal is to burn 3000. It's a tough goal to reach most days, but as long as I end the day with a deficit at all, I should still be losing weight, just at a slower pace.

You'll notice that 1600 cal in and 2600 cal burned = 1000 deficit. And the updated program of 2000 cal in and 3000 cal burned = 1000 deficit. That 1000/day calorie deficit should equal out to about 2 lbs of weight loss per week, which is my goal. And the program even told me that if I am able to accomplish that (-2 lbs/wk), I should reach my goal weight of 155 lbs by October 8. :)

I honestly haven't gotten my 1000 deficit yet, it's been more like 300 or 150. But I'm still figuring out how I can manage my eating better. I tend to overeat in the afternoons and after the kids go to bed. I love to snack. I decided I'm not going to eat after supper, unless it's just an apple or yogurt. And that will be only if I really NEED it. I tried eating bigger breakfasts, but that just put my calorie intake WAAAY up. So I'll stick with my normal breakfast that works for me, and try to snack more sensibly in the afternoon.

As for my workout plan this week:
MONDAY
I already went and did 30 min eliptical and 60 minutes yoga!

TUESDAY
I HAVE to catch up on housework, so I will focus on my steps today.
Zumba in the evening (60 min)

WEDNESDAY
Spinning (60 min)
Yoga (60 min)

THURSDAY
Zumba (60 min)

FRIDAY
Treadmill/Eliptical (60 min)

SATURDAY
Zumba (60 min)

SUNDAY
Walk? Recovery day.

Long post, but I had lots to catch up on! :)

1 comment:

  1. Goood job Joy!!! Yay! Keep it up! it's paying off! I promise to send pictures this week so you can fix my blog. ;)

    (ps I accidentally deleted your comment off my blog.... :( you should post another one... haha)

    ReplyDelete