Thursday, March 18, 2010

Consistent

"Consistent"

What does it mean?

Right off the bat, it brings to mind boring mundane normal-ness. Doing the same thing over and over. Being consistent seems so much less fun than being spontaneous. But being spontaneous when it comes to diet often leads to impulse eating. On that note, when's the last time you impulse ate a carrot or a salad? Why is it always the fattening, sugar or salt loaded things we impulse eat?!? Because it's mindless. If I PLANNED before I just jumped in and ate, I would not eat the crap I've been eating.

Being consistent means I know what to expect. It means I plan to succeed. “If I fail to plan, I plan to fail.” That is a quote taken straight from my dad, who no doubt got it from somebody else!

So for the rest of today and for tomorrow, I'm going to PLAN MY MEALS right now. I'm going to plan to succeed the rest of today, even though I did eat two chocolate croissants after I dropped off my kids at preschool. All is not lost.


In other news, Martin is working late tonight, and I'm using that as an excuse to not go to the gym. I should have gone this morning, but I did not. I did, however, clean my house. I'm also going to do laundry standing up. And I'm going to have a salad with vegetarian "turkey" for supper. :)

1 comment:

  1. All is not lost! Just realize you have not failed until you quit trying.

    You will be amazed at how much it helps to plan out your meals. I used to have a two week calendar printed on my fridge and write out menus for two weeks. It saves money too, because then you look through your cubbords and use what you have rather than buying things on impulse!

    ReplyDelete